From our The Vivant’s Top Ten: Chefs Share Their Favorite Dessert Recipe feature, chef Stephanie Harris-Uyidi — The Posh Pescatarian — shares her delicious Maple Pecan Brown Butter Bananas.
Maple Pecan Brown Butter Bananas
- 2-3 ripe bananas, peel removed and split in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ cups toasted pecans
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- Rice flour for coating banana
- Cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet
- Optional: vanilla ice cream, whipped cream & berries.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the banana in rice flour until evenly coated.
- Add the butter to the large cast-iron skillet and melt until slightly fragrant and lightly toasted. Add the banana to the skillet and cook on one side until browned. Turn the bananas over and cook for two minutes. Add the pecans and maple syrup to the pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the syrup warm and the banana are golden brown.
- Serve as is or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Dan Blacharski is editor-in-chief of TheVivant.com.