Maple Margarita: There exists a small handful of daring bartenders who keep a bottle of maple syrup under the counter, and my friends at PATRÓN are well versed in using it as an ingredient for some perfectly splendid drinks. Of course, it goes without saying that you will need to use pure maple syrup, and not the maple-flavored corn syrup they sell at the grocery store – spend a few extra dollars and get the real stuff. You’ll be glad you did.
- 5 oz PATRÓN Silver
- 75 PATRÓN Citrónge Orange
- 25 oz Ilegal Mezcal Joven
- 1 oz maple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- Salt for the rim
- Maple leaf for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a shaker tin and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain into a coupe glass rimmed with salt.
- Garnish with a maple leaf.
Dan Blacharski is editor-in-chief of TheVivant.com.