From our The Vivant’s Top Ten: Chefs Share Their Favorite Dessert Recipe feature, we take a virtual look at the Hôtel de Crillon, where executive pastry chef Matthieu Carlin shares his recipe for the best Ultra Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies you’ll ever enjoy. C’est si Bon!
Ultra Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sunflower Seeds
- 280g brown sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 egg
- 280g T55 flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 150g chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 150g of sunflower seeds (can also use dried fruit, almonds or hazelnuts)
- Shell and grill the sunflower seeds in the oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit (140 degrees Celsius). While the seeds grill, soften the butter at room temperature.
- Mix the sugar and butter. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the chocolate chips and sunflower seeds and mix until combined.
- Make small balls from the dough mixture and slightly flatten them before placing them on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes in the oven at 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Dan Blacharski is editor-in-chief of TheVivant.com.