From our The Vivant’s Top Ten: Chefs Share Their Favorite Dessert Recipe feature, we take a wellness trip to the Miraval Resort, where there is cheesecake. That’s my idea of wellness!
Miraval’s Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake Bites
A perfect combination of sweet and creamy with the brightness of lemon, these cheesecake bars are easy to make and easy to eat. Yield 15 servings.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 16 oz (2 cups) cream cheese
- 8 oz (1 cup) Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chocolate, melted
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 cups gluten free oat cookie crumbs (see recipe below)
- In mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter and raw sugar to form a wet sand consistency. Distribute about 1 oz into each aluminum tin and press to create the crust. Bake at 325F for 10 mins, cool.
- In food processor, blitz raw sugar until fine. Add yolks, eggs, and salt and blitz until pale and fluffy.
- Add softened cream cheese and pulse until smooth. Scrape down bowl and add Greek yogurt and melted chocolate. Pulse until smooth..
- Distribute batter into disposable aluminum tins. Mix together blackberry jelly and water to make a pipe-able puree; pipe in a zig-zag motion over the batter.
- Using a toothpick, alternate dragging lines back and forth through the piped lines to create a chevron pattern.
- Bake at 300F in a water bath for 30-35 mins. Cool completely before serving.
Oat Cookie Crumbs
- ¼ cup gluten free flour mix
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 7/8 cups butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients except butter. Add softened butter 1-2 tbsp at a time, scraping the bowl down as needed.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment and distribute evenly. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, scraping halfway thru with a spatula.
- Once cookie crumbs are cooled, pulse in the food processor until you have crumbs.
Dan Blacharski is editor-in-chief of TheVivant.com.